Today, I’m going to discussing ARCs/Review Books, which I get FAQs about.
What is an ARC or Review Book?
An ARC is an Advanced Reading Copy of a book that is given to bloggers/reviewers/youtubers to read, review and publicize, even before it comes out! A great marketing strategy if you ask me!
How do I qualify to read an ARC?
Most of the time, you should be somebody considered as “press”. Basically, that means that you publicize books regularly, and specifically online. Although, some companies enjoy having everyday readers review books, not knowing the hype that surrounds them.
Who do I contact?
On most publishers sites, they will have a contact me page, and they provide email addresses for book reviewers. Most will get back to you in about 5-10 days. Normally, people would supply contact info here, but since I live in Canada, it won’t be the same for the rest of you. If you are canadian and interested in contact info for different publishers, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “Publishers Contact Info”.
Tips for Reading/Reviewing ARCs
- Try to review the book ASAP, or as soon as it comes out.
- If you don’t read books you are sent, publishers won’t want to send them to you!
- Remember, these are NOT free books. Publishing houses pay money to receive and ship them, and it is your job to read and review them. Blogging is getting PAID in books, always remember that!
- DO NOT take EVERY book you are offered, unless you know that you will read them/have an interest in them!
- Create a review policy, so that publishing houses know what you are interested in.
- Provide a link to publishing houses of the review for the book that they sent you! They will appreciate it, trust me!
I hope that you enjoyed this quick thought of ARC’s/Review Books!
See you guys tomorrow!
Good Night Book Lions!