Today, I thought that I would create another beloved DIY! Some of my most viewed posts are my DIY’s, so I like to make as many as I can!
Playing Cards (These are the exact ones that I used.)
A Sharpie (This was the exact sharpie I used).
Create fun challenges on the cards related to bookish things! This is a list of all of the ones I wrote! NOTE: I used a deck that had lost a few cards, so you will probably have more cards then I had used.
- Name an Author that has the same starting letter of their name that your opponent chooses.
- Spell out a book title of your opponents choice.
- What do you prefer to read: Book Reviews or Book Recommendations?
- Who is the King of your book world?
- Who is the Queen of your book world?
- Who is the Jack of your book world?
Number 2 Cards:
- Name 2 books that are in the genre that you least read.
- Make your opponent draw 2 fictional characters, and guess who they are.
- List 10 characteristics of 2 of your favourite characters.
Number 3 Cards:
- Name 3 books that one have a one word title.
- Name 3 desserts that you would eat while you read.
- List 3 reasons why you love books.
Number 4 Cards:
- Create 4 different titles for 4 different books.
- Name 4 books from the Contemporary genre.
Number 7 Cards:
- Guess 7 of your opponents favourite characters.
- Guess 7 of your opponents favourite books.
- Name 7 of your opponents favourite genre.
Number 8 Cards:
- Name 8 characters from 8 different books.
- Draw 8 items that relate to your favourite book.
- Name 8 books in 40 seconds.
- List 8 things you love to see in a good book.
Number 9 Cards:
- Name 9 books that are in your TBR pile.
Number 10 Cards:
- Name 9 books in 10 seconds!
- Name 10 favourite books from your childhood.
- Name 10 books that you would recommend to your opponent.
- Name 10 tips for choosing a book from a bookstore.
- Choose your own challenge to give to your opponent.
- Evenly divide the cards among the players.
- Each player takes turns to select a card, and every player participates in the challenge.
- Whoever wins the challenge/does the best, collects the card.
- Whoever has the most cards at the end wins!
That is my DIY bookish card game! If you make these cards and play the game, make sure to tweet me @iireadingii and use the #readingreadingreadingdiy!
Good Night Book Owls!