In the spirits of the holidays being right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to participate in the Christmas Song book tag! Although Christmas is still a few weeks away, I wanted to do this post now so that everyone can get excited about the holidays coming up. I know that not everyone celebrates Christmas, I to do not, but I still wanted to participate in the fun!
1. “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch”: Name a villainous character you couldn’t help but love.
Dorothy from the Dorothy Must Die series is quite the villain, if I do say so myself! From an amazing back story, to the evil creature she seems to have become, she proves herself to be one of my favourite villains. Although, I have read many books, and I have read about some other great villains previously, too!
2. “All I Want for Christmas is You”: Which book to you most hope to see under your Christmas tree?
Although I don’t have a tree, I do hope to buy myself “The Sun is Also a Star” by Nicole Yoon. I just recently read her debut novel “Everything, Everything” (a review shall be going up shortly) and absolutely loved it, so I know I need to get my hands on this one very soon!
3. “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”: Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves.
I am currently reading the “Room” by Emma Donaghue for a school project, and I think Ma, Jack’s mom, overcomes some great obstacles and learns how to live with those obstacles.
4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”: a) Which character do you think would be on the top of the naughty list?
b) Which character do you think would be at the top of the nice list?
I think that Alex, from The Land of Stories, would be on the top of the nice list because she is so nice and caring. On the other hand, I think that Connor from TLOS would be on the top of the naughty list because he is always up to something!
5. “Frosty the Snowman”: Which book just melts your heart.
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green is a book that melts your heart. I absolutely devoured this book and read it in one sitting on a sick day during winter break. You can read my book review here.
6. “Feliz Navidad”: Choose a book that takes place in a country other than your own.
Living in Canada, there are quite a few books who take place out of my country. One of my favourite books is Anna and the French Kiss, and that is based in Europe! You can read my review here.
7. “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”: Which holiday themed book do you use to spread the Christmas joy?
You can read all about my favourite winter reads here!
8. “Sleigh Ride”: Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with (doesn’t have to be a love interest!)
The fictional character I would love to spend the holidays with is Froggy from The Land of Stories. He is such an old and wise soul, and I feel like holidays with him would be so fun!
9. “Baby it’s Cold Outside”: Which book that you didn’t like would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself up in the cold?
The book I would DEFINITELY sacrifice is Kissing in America. I received a copy of this book from a publishing house, and I didn’t enjoy it.
10. “Do you hear what I hear”: Which book do you think everyone should read?
I was actually just talking about this with a few friends in my english class this morning! A book that I think everyone should read is “It’s Kind of a Funny Story” by Ned Vizzini. It has such a memorable message, and I love it so much!
That is my version of the Christmas Song book tag! I tag anyone who wants to join in on the fun!
Don’t forget to follow me on twitter for all Reading, Reading, Reading updates!
Good Night Book Owls!